Tired of working for one of the typical large software companies that provides overly complex products based on old technology? Would you like to work for a great company where you can actually make a difference? If you love simplicity and share a passion to defy the routine, here’s your chance to make a career of it.
Neptune Software provides the most cost efficient path to the next generation user interface for SAP applications (Fiori UX) on phone, tablet and desktop. Our solution covers the whole application life cycle from DESIGN and BUILD to MANAGE and RUN pre-designed and custom built apps on our unique Neptune Software UX Platform. Being the only solution on the market that directly leverages SAP’s own source code ABAP, we maximize the use of the customer’s existing SAP set-up, while minimizing the need for integration.
Neptune has offices in Oslo, Hamburg, Amsterdam, London, Palo Alto and Shanghai and is set for rapid international growth in the next coming years.
We are searching for a Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) to help accelerate our international growth. You will own all aspects of our marketing and you will be measured on marketing activities and pipeline growth. You will be an important part of the Executive Management Team at Neptune Software.
The position is based in Oslo but you will be working closely with field marketing in the Nordic and DACH regions as well the US. There is global responsibility for channel marketing with our partners and VARs as well.
As our CMO you will plan and execute marketing activities to help achieve our financial and strategic business objectives. You will manage our marketing team and be responsible for marketing strategy, go-to-market plan creation and execution, direct and channel marketing plus marketing operations, budget management and continously monitoring the return on marketing investments with an eye to continual improvement. This will involve the establishment of comprehensive reporting and KPI dashboards.
- Marketing strategy (including Channel marketing strategy)
- Brand development and product marketing
- Demand generation, including ABM (account based marketing) strategies. Understanding and development of marketing automation tools such as Marketo or Pardot. Ultimately these link to our Salesforce.com CRM system
- Internal comms, corporate comms, social media and website marketing. (Need to be conversant with Google Analytics and implement actions based on intelligence).
- Event strategy and execution
Overall business performance, revenue (with focus on license sales), pipeline development. Metrics include but not limited to;
- # of marketing leads
- # of sales qualified leads
- Average deal size
- # of upsells/cross sells
- Total revenue/margin
- MQL-SQL conversion ratio %
We believe you are a high-energy, creative and resourceful self-starter who will demonstrate outstanding leadership skills. You are “street-smart”, enthusiastic and have a commitment to excellence. You can balance theory with practical application, you are flexible and collaborative. Finally, we believe you are an active listener with a sense of humor.
Experience/competencies and education
- Business education to a master’s level
- Minimum 5-10 years of relevant b-2-b marketing experience, preferably within the SAP eco-system.
- Proven ability to tie demand creation efforts directly to sales pipeline, including inbound marketing, direct marketing, e-mail campaign tweaking and management, lead nurturing and qualification and aligning the sales process with marketing processes
- Proven ability to understand marketing automation, Web-marketing and SEO
- Participated in social media and managed the development of social media programs
- Understanding of how industry analyst’s programs work, and the requirements for success
- Marketing management experience from Nordic and EMEA (and preferably NA and APAC)
- Leadership experience and skills from marketing (and/or sales) management
- Ability to work with software end-users and partners, and present technology solutions to same audience
- Managed global user groups and/or international events and conferences
Frode Helland, Mob: (+47) 918 84 380